Inspired by my friend Liz at XRK, I am going to write down ten things about the love of my life, Banana. I will also write ten things about the other love of my life, Wayne Terrance, without whom there would be no Banana.
1. Banana gives me good hugs and kisses.
2. She has the sweetest laugh in the whole world.
3. When I tell her that we are going somewhere, the first question she asks is, "Will there be kids there for me to play with?" She loves to make friends.
4. When my mom was sick and sad, Banana would sing songs to her to help her stop crying and cheer her up.
5. She is good at playing make-believe.
6. She is a good artist and can draw all of her letters. She can also spell her name and 'puppy' all by herself.
7. She wants to learn to knit and crochet when she is a smidge older.
8. She gives everyone hugs when she sees them.
9. She is a girly-girl, but she likes to play in dirt too.
10. She is my pride and joy.
1. WT is kind.
2. WT is patient, especially in this estrogen-ridden place we call home.
3. WT encourages my creativity, which is priceless.
4. WT is a musician and can write really good songs. He also can make up silly songs at any given time that are creative and hilarious.
5. WT is always trying to be a better man, even though he doesn't need to be, because he's already as good as they get.
6. He gives me great big hugs that make me feel small and dainty, which is a feeling that is hard to come by when you are 5'11".
7. He doesn't yell at me when I spend too much money on clothes and yarn, he just gently reminds me that paying the electric bill and water bill are important too.
8. He loves his little girl more than anything.
9. He has a great laugh.
10. He married me in spite of me.
I love these two. It's all too easy in today's world to forget your priorities in life and focus on things that, in the end, don't mean that much. Banana and Wayne Terrance help me keep my priorities in order, and help me be mindful of the things that are important in life. I could write a list about many more people, like my dad and my brother and my aunt and my friends. But that would take a while. I'll lay it on you in dribs and drabs.
It's good to be thankful.