Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finally...



No, I didn't actually complete something, but I did cast on the scarf again, and it seems to be going fairly well. Take a look.

Not bad, eh? Especially for someone who kind of sort of just began to knit. The hem is a little wonky, but that's what fringe is for. My next project is going to be that Fair Isle sweater you see on the most recent issue of IK.

bwahahahahahahaha

Actually, I'll probably knit up some fingerless gloves to match the scarf. I tried to explain the purpose of fingerless gloves to Wayne Terrance the other day, but he didn't get it.

WT: Fingerless gloves? Why? What's the purpose?

Me: To keep your hands warm while you're driving and stuff.

WT: Why don't you just make mittens or real gloves?

Me: Because I don't know how. Stop bothering me.

WT: Okay.

See, didn't I do a good job of convincing him? He's totally into it now. Right. I have to start Banana's dress again too. That should be fun. I do hope it gets finished before Christmas, especially considering it's a summer dress. Maybe I should make the next size up.

Stay tuned for more pictures of my first official knit WiP.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I think we should BOTH knit the fair isle sweater and have a knit along! I could help you, and I am way intimidated by this sweater. The fair isle scares me. Eek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home