Saturday, August 12, 2006

Knit Progress



Happy Saturday! Today is good. The weather is stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful, I cleaned my house, I'm going out tonight to listen to my husband's band play, AND I got some knitting done. Take a look.


I've made good progress on the ribbed scarf, and the width is to my liking now. I just need to keep going. I've made two mistakes, but they are small and easy to hide in the ribs, so screw it, I'm leaving them in.

I bought a book with 16 patterns for dishcloths in it. The pink one above is one of the easier ones, just knitting and purling. There are some that involve slip stitches and yarn overs, and I think they'll be good pratice for larger projects. I know it's hard to see the pattern using variegated yarn, but all my Sugar 'n' Cream is variegated, so you're just going to have to deal with it.

I hope to finish these projects in the next week or two and start Banana's dress again. I also have to complete a poncho for a co-worker of mine. She knitted it, but she wants it longer, so I am crocheting some mesh around the edges. It looks pretty good, but the problem? It's made of novelty yarn (expensive novelty yarn, to be sure). I hate crocheting with novelty yarn. It's such a pain in the ass. Even using a ginormous hook, I have little idea what the hell I am doing. I hope she likes it. We're probably talking over $250 worth of yarn in this thing. I'm not even kidding. So we'll see what happens.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Well, damn, Sally, but you have made progress on that scarf! And I did check out the pattern for Miss Banana's dress and that will be cute! Hope last night was fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home