Friday, January 16, 2009

That's all she wrote.

If anyone is still actually bothering to check this blog, I'd be surprised. Somewhere in the middle of last summer, the desire to post weekly suddenly up and left, without so much as a 'see ya later'. So it's time for me to call it a day and officially end this blog.

This has been an interesting experience for me. I was never a fan of my own writing, and yet I decided to start a blog, and I kept it going for more than 2 years. People actually read what I wrote and commented on it and everything. Wow. But I guess I got it out of my system, and it is somewhat time consuming. I've noticed that I do a lot of time-consuming things, and many of them don't really do much for me. I'm on Ravelry and Facebook, and I probably don't need to check them ten times daily. I watch a lot of TV, and I don't need to do that either.

I need to eat whole foods. I need to talk to my daughter and my husband. I need to hang out with my friends. I need to create things, like yarn and garments and paintings. I need to work on my house. I need to work on me. For many people, writing is cathartic or therapeutic, or both. I think it was that for me, for a while, but no longer.

So thanks for stopping by, everyone. I'll see you around. Who knows, maybe one day I'll begin to write again. But right now, there are other things I have to do.

:o)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I've certainly enjoyed this view into your thoughts. We'll just have to talk more.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Minnesotan Living In Norway said...

I stumbled across this blog today and I wonder, how you are? You reached out and touched my heart today. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home