Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stick a fork in it...

... it's done. Yes, I finished the GFP (God-forsaken Poncho), and the owner is quite pleased with it. And to be honest, so was I. It looked positively lovely on her, and she received many compliments right away. The length was good, the mesh crocheted edging went well with the large garter stitch of the body, and the collar I added was just right - not quite a turtleneck, not quite a cowl, but somewhere just perfectly in between.

And she gave me a $25 gift certificate to Craft Store-o-rama and a loaf of pumpkin nut bread. I love this woman. I hoarded the damn poncho for approximately eight months, and she still insists on payment for my 'services'. Needless to say, I left the workplace directly and headed straight for the aforementioned craft store, and I got 10 skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn (which is quite nice, actually), and a Patons pattern book.

I can't afford to be a yarn snob now. Maybe after the holidays if my family cooperates and gives me gift certificates to my fave LYS's. We'll see.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for stopping by!!

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger jenna said...

Must be nice to finally have that off the needles! Mmm...pumpkin nut bread... :)

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!

you have kept your word, and you have been rewarded.

now go knit yourself something gorgeous, woman!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I'm sure the poncho looked great. You deserved payment after having to knit with that horrid yarn anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home