Sunday, November 12, 2006

I present to you: the Matador


Here it is, ladies and gents. The Matador Bolero from Knitscene, worked in Moda Dea Metro. I'm fairly happy with it. Is it perfect? No. But I don't care. It is my first knit garment and I like it.


It looks like a sweater. The fuzzy yarn makes weaving in the ends easy. And it hides a multitude of sins.


Get a load of that raglan sleeve. This is what was giving me such problems, but after starting the feather and fan scarf (see previous post) I was able to see how yarn overs and knit-togethers were supposed to look. So that helped big time.

Next I'm going to learn to sew. My aunt (who taught me to crochet) is visiting from Santa Fe, and she can make pretty much anything. She knits, crochets, sews, quilts, and does tin work. She also cooks. She's awesome.

So there you have it peeps. Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Yippie! You did it! I knew your could!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

Woohoo! that looks awesome! and you said you hated knitting

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to see it yesterday (nyah nyah nyah) prior to this post.

and I can report the f-n-f scarf is making great progress as well.

it's nice having neighbors who (k)nit (sorry - I was just digging the n's).

PS - my verification word is "fuekay"; how would one pronounce that? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home