Monday, October 16, 2006

Hangin' up the needles for a while

Yes, you read that right. I am certainly better at knitting than I used to be, but as of late, knitting has become more frustrating than pleasurable. I'm one of those silly people that wants to be perfect at any project I attempt on the first try, and after 33 years, I still have yet to learn that this is rarely an attainable goal. The most frustrating thing is that I know how to read the patterns, I know how it should look, I know how to do the stitches. So why does it look so crappy?!? Poopies.

So back to the hook I go. Crocheting is a little harder on my wrists, but I love it for baby things, and pretty much all of the women that I work with are pregnant, so I'll be hooking sweaters, blankets, booties, hats, and more. Yay. And I got a back issue of Interweave Crochet that has some nice projects in it, so hopefully I'll be able to bang out a few Chrismahanukwanzakah presents too. I hope I hope.

On the bright side, the school that I work at did not strike, which is good. Many of the people I work with are one-income families (theirs) and many have new babies, so this is good for them. Although I was so darn tired this morning that my first thought was, "God, I can't wait to go to bed tonight." So I came home and slept for two hours. Which is really smart. Cuz it'll make it so easy to go to sleep early tonight. Oh well.

Time to go bathe Banana. She is covered in ice cream and peanut butter. She's like a dessert right now. Or something. Thanks for stopping by.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Sally, the only thing that I can say is that knitting takes practice. I think because you do understand more than a beginning knitter, you pick pretty ambitious projects and expect perfection.

You are a lovely crochet-er, and it is OK to stick with what you know. I'd sooner stick a crochet hook in my ear than make a crocheted sweater.

And we're still friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home