Monday, October 29, 2007

Answers; and holy moly!

Woo hoo! First of all, two (2) crochet and knitting authors left comments on my last post!! Holy cwap! Thank you Doris Chan and Amy O'Neill Houck! Must stop abusing exclamation points!!!

Second of all, I did not buy yarn at Loop. I really really really wanted to, but I was good. The yarn diet is still on! They had all that gorgeous Koigu, and GeeYouKnit's pretty hand-dyed yarn (save the variegated red for me, Elizabeth!), and tons of Blue Sky Alpacas, and Malabrigo, and and and... *sigh* (I did buy Doris's new book, two patterns from Blue Sky Alpacas, and two back issues of Vogue Knitting; like I said before, no one said anything about a pattern diet.)

Sahfi actually introduced the French Meet-up to me, and she found it on MeetUp.com. The group is fabulous - people from all walks of life, all levels of fluency, and no one is pretentious or snotty. It's just really a lot of fun. Go to MeetUp.com if you're interested, and join us! The more the merrier.

And I must thank my dear friend Liz for posting that picture of the chocolate chip pie on her blog. I went to Nova's website and followed the link and downloaded the recipe and actually made it yesterday, and WT and my brother and the Banana and I had some and Jebus, that is some good dessert. Especially when it's warm with vanilla ice cream.

Last but not least, we went to church last night (!) to hear the Banana sing in the choir, and I did not get struck by lightning.

Life is good.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I'm laughing my ass off.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swert jeebers, they are trying to convert you.

must...resist...the...conversion...effort...(otherwise you'll wind up like me!)...

anne marie

PS - congrats for sticking to the diet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home