Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nice!

All sorts of knitting/crocheting related things are happening. First, I just learned that my cousin's wifey-poo is having her second baby in March. Woo hoo! I made a blankie for their son Cole, but I want to make a whole layette for the next one. I'm thinking a Tiramisu blanket, Saartje's Baby Bootees, a bonnet from LMKG...

The newly formatted Crochet Me is up and running, and it's pretty darn cool. It's kind of like Ravelry now, where there is a community, and each member has their own home page and stuff. I like it! A lot of good designers are already on there - Kim Werker, Amy O'Neill Houck, Natalie Zee Drieu (sp?), and many more.

Elizabeth from Gee You Knit and a bunch of other people are trying to get a Philadelphia Ravelry meet-up going. We've been discussing it a lot on one of our forums, and it looks like it may happen in either Manayunk or Roxborough, which I think is an excellent meeting place for both city dwellers and suburbanites. I'll keep you posted, I'm sure it won't be limited to just Ravelrers!

The ubersecret Xmas present is progressing, but I probably won't give to the person for whom it was originally intended (my dad), because although I like it, it won't match his living room. So I'll just make another one. :o)

What else? I taught a friend of mine (Gloria) to knit, and taught another dear friend (Erin) to crochet. Yay! Spreading the word of the craft(s). (Again with the parentheses! [I think I need a parenthetical intervention.])

See ya later, alligators!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I've been following that thread on the forums. I have a hard enough time making it to our meetings, I know I won't be able to commit to another. Maybe a one-off thing or Knit Out event, or something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home