Saturday, October 20, 2007

Will Blogger cooperate today?

Yes it will! I actually have real, honest-to-God photos of things I'm making right now! Who woulda thunk it.

Below we have my eight bajillionth B.A.G.S. Okay, actually it's my fourth, but there will be many more to come. I have a LOT of acrylic yarn in my stash, and my goal is to turn it all into afghans. Good thing I really like to make afghans. This one will probably either go to the Banana's teacher or principal for Christmas. They are both awesome ladies.

Can I tell you how much I love Maie Landra? I mean honestly, get a load of the colors in that scarf below. One of these days, I'm going to save up a couple thousand dollars and buy enough Koigu to make myself a sweater. This is a slow knit, but it's nice and portable, so I can take it to Banana's ballet lessons, which is nice.

And then we have... Frank. I can't really pronounce Calorimetry, so I just call it Frank. Can I be frank with you? This is fugly. I knew that one strand of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed would be too drapy to use, so I held two strands together. Now it's too bulky. And it's weird, because separately the blue and green are really pretty, but together they bore the living daylights out of me. I also should have read how everybody who made this modified it from the original pattern - I would have been far more successful. I'll probably frog this because I can't stand to see good yarn like this go to waste (I love this yarn). On the flip side, I did learn how short rows work, so that is useful info, even if they didn't do the wraps to prevent holes. I will be less afraid to try short rows in the future. Thanks, Frank!

So I got my latest issue of my yoga magazine, with a hot young thing on the front twisting her body into ridiculous poses that open the hips and massage the gut and allow your qi to flow and balance your chakras and release ama from your liver and all that good stuff. But of course the first thing I noticed was her outfit.



Get a load of those awesome leg warmers! And they're crocheted! I immediately emailed the mag, and they were kind enough to get back to me and let me know that the pattern comes from Diana Designs. I googled it, but I'll be damned if I can find it. If you happen to come across it in your travels, would you send me the link? You guys are the best.

Time to go help the Banana get on her leotard and tights and tiara and tutu and bracelets and rings and necklaces. Ballet attire is certainly different from when I took ballet coughhackthirtycoughhack years ago.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

You are funny and cool, you crochet & knit, AND you're a yoga grrl! I KNEW you were an incredibly awsome person! Keep lookin for thos legwarmers and we'll both make a set, 'kay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home