Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Well, I guess I did mean it!

Back on August 8th, I posted about motivation and stuff, as it pertains to my life and those around me. Since then, I've done a fair job of keeping up with some of those goals that I set for myself, which is rather surprising in a pleasant way. I'm a big talker and a small do-er. So let's review.

1. I undertook a yarn diet. Monday will be two months without a yarn purchase. Not even to finish a project. Nothing. This is monumental.

2. I said I'd be nicer to WT and the Banana, and more patient with them. This was hard. I know that sounds pretty crappy (like, how hard is it to be nice to your dang family, for crying out loud), but I managed to sort out some stuff that was bubbling around inside of me, and now I think I am far nicer to be around. Basically, WT is the type of guy who says what on his mind, and I'm the kind of girl who stews about things for eons. Not healthy. I'm getting better.

3. I said I'd exercise more and be healthier. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there. I have yet to lose any weight, but I think my diet is better, and I went to the gym 3 times last week, which is pretty gosh darn good for me.

4. I wanted to purge my house of unwanted items. WT cleaned out his closet, and today I took that stuff (one trash bag full) along with 3 more trash bags full of clothes and shoes to our local thrift store. In addition, I donated an old vacuum, an old iron, an old dustbuster, and other sundries. I also recycled a lot of cardboard and paper today. I have reclaimed a closet. Hallelujah! We are going to work on the basement this weekend. Together.

So when I look back at what I've managed to accomplish over the last two months or so, I feel pretty good about myself. It's empowering, and I need to remember this when I start to feel defeated. It's all good.

***

So knitting and crocheting - yeah. I've made some progress on the ripple afghan, but I'm going to run out of some of the colors before I'm finished crocheting the number of repeats that I want. Hmph. Guess I'll go til I run out of those colors, then put it aside until I get some more scraps.

For some reason, I really want to start crocheting amigurumi and dolls and whatnot. I've really become enamoured of them lately. God knows I have eighty gajillion skeins of Caron Simply Soft and myriad other acrylics, but I want to wait until I'm done with Christmas presents before I start the amigurumi.

***WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT - REFERENCES TO ME AND THE HUBBY BUMPIN' UGLIES***

One of the things I love most about my hubby is his ability to compose silly songs on a moment's notice. He's a musician, and majored in English Lit in college, and those two things combined with his sense of humor make for some damn funny little ditties.

As I was cleaning today, I came across a little song he wrote for me:

[cue blues guitar]

Touch your butt
Touch your breast
Pretty soon, I touch de rest!

See your belly
See your nose
De rest of you concealed by clothes!

You make me laugh
You make me jizz
I'm so glad
My wife you is!

Goddamn, that is some good song writin'! Is he talented or what? He's also working on a song about dirt (as a rebuttal to every song ever written and/or performed by Jewel), and a song called 'Runaway Rose', about my former Persian feline pet who 'went to live on a farm'.

Oh yeah. Life is good. :o)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get down wit yo bad self!

ain't you something!

you did look more relaxed this past weekend...

song - hee hee! when does it become a staple on top 40 radio...

anne marie

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

hubbies who sing silly songs are the very best! mine does too, so we must have excellent taste in men

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger JenZen said...

hehehe, that song rocks :) Congrats on all your accomplishments, too!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

I am so proud of you for sticking to your resolutions. It feels so good to take control of your life.

And I love the song. I want to hear the Dirt song too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home