Monday, October 08, 2007

And so the purge continues...

Still no photos pour vous, sorry. But that doesn't mean that things aren't happening around here. First, I cast on for the Chevron Scarf from LMKG by Joelle Hoverson - can I tell you how much I love it? Oh sure, everyone in the Milky Way galaxy has made one, but mine's special. It gave me an excuse to buy two skeins of Koigu, for crying out loud! And it's Koigu I've had for a while, so the yarn diet is still going strong.

Speaking of which - it's been two months. Two freakin' months since I bought yarn. Not bad, eh?

One of my projects on the needles is (are?) the Legwarmers, also from LMKG. Because I'm a big old dork, I made one and have not yet made the other because trying to knit 58 stitches in the round on 12" circs is enough to drive a woman to drink (which sometimes is not a bad thing, but I digress). So I was on a Ravelry forum, and someone suggested that I knit it flat and seam it.

Duh.

So that's what I'll be doing. Finishing my scarf and finishing my legwarmers and finishing up a thuper-thecret gift for a friend and stuff.

***

Right, so this post is entitled 'And so the purge continues...', so maybe I should actually discuss that. I told you we cleaned out a closet (OH MY GOD THAT IS SO THRILLING SALLY), and this weekend I cleaned part of my basement and took a whole carload of stuff over and donated it to the thrift store (OH NO YOU DINT GIRLFRIEND [OH YES I DID, BELIEVE IT]). You can actually see my basement floor! And boy, does it need to be cleaned! But I tell ya, it feels good to get rid of crap that we are not using. I've discovered that my environment is either a reflection of or an influence on my state of mind - either way, when my environment is cleaned and organized, so is my brain. So I feel good.

***

I just read over this post, and my GOD is it boring. Sorry about that. If you read it and bother to come back, I promise I'll have pictures or a movie or something for you next time. Oh, is anyone going to go see Doris Chan at Loop? Lemme know...

Thanks for stopping by. ;o)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, you're not boring, cause we have all been there at one point or another.

I have ditched volumes of crap at various times (read: moves) in my life. and you feel like you lift a 10 ton weight off your shoulders when you're finished.

keep on keepin' on with the purging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home