Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been busy (like the rest of the world hasn't)

So here you go - a bunch of finished objects, all of which became holiday presents.

The above crocheted log cabin-esque afghan was given away this evening at my job's holiday party, which was a total hoot. Our union rep (I work at a high school) went home with it. I hope it keeps him toasty warm.


The afghan above was also crocheted, using mill end chenille and Lion Brand Homespun. I didn't used to like Homespun, but now I'm sold on it for afghans. This thing weighs a ton, and it is so cozy. My cousin's wife will be getting this for Christmas.

The first feather and fan scarf completed by yours truly. Made with Schachenmayr Lipomo (however the hell you spell that). I gave this to my boss, and she seemed to like it. I liked it. I'm happy with it, especially for my first attempt at knitted lace (or lace knitting, I know there's a difference, but I can never remember what it is [I use parentheses a lot, don't I?]). I'm super happy to see my double chin is coming along nicely. Not.

And finally, here's the Banana modeling the hat I made for my student. Isn't she precious? I used Plymouth Encore Worsted for this, and I'm quite happy with the results. The pattern is from Hip to Crochet by Judith Schwartz.

Just look at that precious little face.

I won't post again until after Christmas, most likely, and hopefully I'll be posting pictures of all the yarn and stuff that I get on Monday.

I wish you all a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Joyful Kwanzaa, Happy Winter Solstice, and a healthy, wonderful, fulfilling New Year.

See you in 2007 (or perhaps before)! Thanks for stopping by.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, girlfriend!

everything turned out SPECTACULAR!

my personal pick - the log cabin afghan. will be making myself a knitted one in 2007.

and yes, the banana is precious. so is WT.

only 9 more days til........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home