Monday, September 25, 2006

Oh come on!

I zipped through the first half of my Matador bolero, and damn, it looked good. In fact, the first half still looks good. However, the sssk's and the yarn overs are killing me. Seriously. I have ripped back to the beginning of the sleeves 3 times already, and may have to do it again. Last night, when I started for the 2nd time, I was cooking. It looked really good. Then I got to the fourth row of decreases, and everything just went completely to hell. What's up with that??? And since I'm new at this sssk and yarn over stuff, I just ripped both sleeves out, even the good rows, because I don't know how to pick up yarn overs and whatnot. So I started again this morning, and already the first part of the first sleeve has 3 holes instead of two. I know I can do it, and I'm paying close attention. Honestly. But I will persevere. It will be done. As long as the yarn doesn't disintegrate from being worked so hard.

And my kid Banana has hand, foot, and mouth disease. Which is highly contagious. And it turns her into a whiny little poo. And she can't sleep. Maybe I should just go crochet something until everything settles down.

Wah.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Step away from the bolero. Now. Pick up the crochet hook. Are you OK now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home