Saturday, September 16, 2006

I am going to make every single one of these things

Maybe more than once, even. Mwahahahahahahaha - like I can afford the yarn to do that. Anyhoo, here they are. The things I am going to make sometime during my life. I love them all.


I'm loving the first three patterns on this page. To boot, they are all relatively easy, which is a boon to a novice knitter like myself. I can't wait to make them. Royal Yarns is going to begin carrying the entire line of Filatura di Crosa yarns, and their prices are good, some I'm hoping to use the yarn for some of the patterns rather than substituting a cheaper yarn. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


I like the top two patterns on this page better than the bottom two, although I think with different yarn I could be persuaded to knit the shell on the bottom left. We'll see.


I'm making the shawl in this picture for three women in my life who really helped me this last year. My mom passed away in May, and two of her best friends and my aunt were really there when I needed them. So here is their Christmas present. I really hope they don't read this blog, because they probably know who they are.


I am going to make this tank and matching kimono shrug in every color known to man. I LOVE this pattern. Now if only I looked like the chick wearing it.


How cute is this Matador bolero from the latest issue of KnitScene? I never really noticed it until a person on Flickr made it in Manos del Uruguay. Yum. I have yarn all ready for it, and it will be my first project using circular needles. Wish me luck.


This is obviously a project for down the road. It's from the fall issue of Interweave Knits (I'm quite sure many of you recognize it). I just love it.


Another project for when I am more experienced. Love the color.


Generally I'm not a fan of boxy sweaters, but this one is nice and it is CROCHETED. From the summer issue of Interweave Crochet. What a great mag!


I am soooo making this for the Banana. She will look adorable. I may even have to make more than one. Again, from Interweave Crochet, the summer issue.


I love love love the Babette blanket. And what a great stash buster. This pattern calls for 22 skeins of Koigu.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'll be using Caron Simply Soft or something comparable.


Last but not least, how adorable are these espadrilles? And they are crocheted, yay! You get the jute for the soles at Home Depot. Lovin' it.

So I think this will keep me busy for a while. And believe me, this is only a small percentage of the patterns I have. More to come. Thanks for stopping by.


2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Damn, Sally! You're going to be busy!

I would also check elann.com to see if you can find some cheap-o yarns. Their stuff is really affordable, and better quality than KnitPicks, IMHO.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, damn! liz stole my line! nyah nyah nyah

I guess you will be knitting/crocheting outside for quite a loooooooooooong time....

I just might have to come over and join you (she said with a bottle of wine in her hand)......

anne marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home