Friday, February 08, 2008

WTF

So my dad comes over yesterday, and we're talking. As some of you may know, I would like to lose some weight. I'm not overweight, but I'm not where I want to be. None of my clothes fit well anymore, and so on. Anyhoo, I'm talking to Dad, and he says to me, "Well, my jeans felt kind of tight, so last week I finished up all the snacks in the house, and since then I've lost 5 pounds."

insert sound of steam coming out of my ears

So my dad cuts out snacks for one week and loses 5 pounds. That reminds me of the Cathy comic strip where Irving wants to lose some weight, so he skips lunch and loses 33 pounds. Why in tarnation can't I do that? Gah.

***

I got my Spring 2008 IK yesterday, and the patterns are even better up close than on the website. I know a lot of people are unhappy because they feel that all of the patterns look the same, but I like them a lot. And two of the features were shot in Philadelphia! Woo hoo!

***

Our knitting group is in the 2008 Stitch 'n' Bitch Calendar! I think we are August 20th (Anne Marie, correct me if I'm wrong). It's a great picture - too bad our fearless leader isn't in it, for crying out loud.

***

Yesterday was Banana's kindergarten play, which was pretty much the cutest thing ever in the whole world. The kiddies did a great job. Banana was a leopard. She did really well saying her lines; in fact, all of the kids did. No crying, no breakdowns, nothing. The songs were great. Who knew that kindergarten was as much fun for the parents as it is for the kiddies?

***

I've been working on a simple garter stitch scarf, and I must say I'm quite pleased with it. It's pink and green, kind of a little too Lilly Pulitzer for my taste, but the yarn is kind of rustic, and I like that about it. I got it on sale at Loop - two skeins of The Fibre Company's Savannah DK. There's a fair amount of veggie matter in it, but it doesn't bother me much. I'll post pics soon, I'm almost done.

That's about it for now, talk to you all soon!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, it's august 20.

I'm not in the pix cause I am TAKING the pix, silly. besides, y'all REALLY want my mug in there? I might scare some prospective members away LOL ;-)

yea for banana! yea for dad! we all should have life this easy!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Yarn or Death said...

Ooooh, anything from the Fibre Company is heavenly. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home