Sunday, January 20, 2008

Scarves

Here it is, in all its glory: The Chevron Scarf, from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.
I used two skeins of Koigu KPPPM: one in blues, purples, and greens, and one is greens, peaches, and pinks. The colors are gorgeous; these pictures just do not do them justice.

This yarn is really soft and drapy. I just love it.

I actually blocked this scarf like I was supposed to. If I hadn't, it would look like a really colorful, expensive rope. The chevron pattern tends to pull the scarf in on itself, and the blocking really worked wonders. I guess that's why people do it. ;o)


This is the Herringbone Neck Warmer by Craig Rosenfeld at Loop in Philadelphia. It only takes one skein of Sheep Shop One, and I bought two wooden buttons to finish it off. Had I been able to knit today, I probably would have finished it. Gotta love big needles. This yarn is gorgeous. It almost has a pearlescent quality to it, and the colors are really saturated. This is also going to be one very warm neck warmer.

I have off tomorrow. Yay. I don't have work or school, so we are going to head on over to NJ to spend a day with my padre. It's going to be cold, and he has a wood burning stove. Guess where I'm going to park my behind all day?

Good night y'all. Sleep well.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are correct, the pictures do not even begin to display the scarf's proper colors.

congrats!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sheep Shop One yarn looks really nice! I'll have to get some. :)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

It's so pretty!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home