Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snow day = FOs

Hey everybody! Banana and I had a snow day yesterday. Now generally I'm not a big fan of the snow, but when it means I get a three-day weekend I LOVE it.

Needless to say, I got some crocheting and knitting done!

I finished my second Tiramisu Blanket, pattern by Alicia Paulson. I made it with Red Heart Heathers, and I'm pleased with the outcome. I managed to lose some stitches in the middle, so it's not really square, but the edging helps disguise it. All in all, a lovely little blankie that will hopefully keep baby Gavin warm whenever he gets here.

This was a quick, lovely little knit. This is the Baby Bib o' Love from Mason-Dixon Knitting. Instead of making two straps that meet in the back, I made one to come all the way around front, because when you're trying to put a bib on a baby in a highchair or bouncy seat, you inevitably end up pushing their heads forward, and they generally don't like that. All it needs is a button and it's done. This took me about 2 hours and less than one skein of Lily Sugar 'n' Cream.


Here's another one. I like the greens. I think I'll put a little elephant button on it. ;o)


I've made a considerable amount of progress on WT's vest considering I'm not the fastest knitter in the world. I do love stockinette, it goes so quickly! I really like this yarn too - it's Cascade Sierra. It's pretty soft and not splitty and easy on the hands.


And here is one of the gorgeous roses that WT gave me for Valentine's Day. Yay for flowers!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you certainly were busy!

lerve the flower pix - so real ya can smell it!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SMART idea for a bib!! I'm going to remember that for the next baby shower I go to. THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home