Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stuff

Things are going. I got to go out on a date with my husband last Friday, which was awfully nice. We went to Totaro's in Conshohocken, a lovely little restaurant tucked away in an unassuming neighborhood with a wine list to die for and food that is fabu. I had lobster mac and cheese (seriously, that's what it was called): penne pasta with cheese and cream and butter and chunks of lobster. Yum. WT had lobster and veal. More yum. It was nice to sit and talk and drink and just have fun.

Saturday and Sunday I got to spend time with my gals down the shore in Ocean City, NJ, which is one of my most favorite places in the whole world. Five of the girls from knitting group and I rented a HUGE place at 27th and Asbury. We talked, knitted, drank, knitted, ate, and knitted. A good time was had by all. The only drawback was that I couldn't stay for longer.

On Monday, Banana and I went to one of those places where you can paint your own pottery. Sheesh, talk about expensive. Surprisingly, my dear daughter painted a princess bank. I painted a spoon rest. My father and I often talk of splitting the cost of a pottery wheel and kiln. I do so love to work with clay. Although clay and yarn are probably not a terrific mix. Oh well. Maybe when we move into our country estate and have a barn (hahahahahaha) Dad can move in and we'll have an art studio. Which of course will be next to WT's recording studio.

I started making a vest for WT in Cascade Sierra, and I'm really happy with the progress I made thus far. I like the Sierra - it's nice to work with. The vest is very simple, a free pattern from Berroco. I had originally wanted to make either the River Forest Gansey by Jolene Treace or the Cobblestone by Jared Flood, but I currently don't have enough yarn for either of those, so a vest it is. WT is happy because I'm making something for him. :o)

I also need to get started on a sweater that I've been promising the Banana for months now. I have some Ella Rae Classic Print in greens, lavenders, and pinks for her. I'm going to use the sweater recipe from Ann Budd's Knitter's Book of Handy Patterns. It will be the first time I'm using this, I hope I don't screw it up too bad!

I am about 95% done my second Tiramisu blanket, and then I can get started on two Baby It's Cold Outside sweaters to go with the blankets. Hopefully I can get these done before the babies arrive!

I have knitting group tonight, which is always something to look forward to.

***

This is generally a difficult time of year for me. I hate February. It's so grey and damp and cold and just... bleh. My mother's birthday is coming up, and I miss her. I can't go outside. My house is dirty. Blah blah blah. I'm sick of winter and it's not spring yet. Carlos, one of our cats, has decided that when the alarm goes off at 5 am it's okay to jump on my head and stand on my chest with his pointy little paws, even though I don't get up until 6-ish. The cats are messy. They knock shit over. Kvetch kvetch kvetch. I want it to be sunny and warm so I can open the windows and air out the house. I want to eat fresh blueberries.

Okay. Enough complaining. Have a great day! ;o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home