Thursday, June 21, 2007

Knitting goodness

Last night was our second Sip n Knit of the season, and let me tell you, it was great. We had a small group, but we had a new chica come out and join us, and Banana got to play with Liz's kids, and the food was sensational, and a good time was had by all. We sat outside as it got dark, knitting, crocheting, sipping, watching the kiddies catch lightning bugs, and making each other laugh. It was lovely.

I got to go to the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute on Tuesday with my dad, his friend JoAnn, and my good friend Heather. We had a really good time. My only disappointment? You know the famous death mask that is the epitome of King Tut? THE DEATH MASK, in gold and lapis lazuli and carnelian? Yeah, it wasn't there. There's pictures of it all over the place, but no death mask. There was a miniature of it, a coffinette (really, that's what they called it) to hold Tut's liver. But no death mask. *Sigh*

Afterwards, we went to the Nodding Head and pigged out on burgers and French dips and beer and fries with spicy mayo. YUM. We then went to Anthropologie, where I purchased a cute little bird decoration thingy and a mug with my initial on it for a mere $6. For some reason, their clothes are positively outrageously priced, but their housewares are quite reasonable.

Heather and I then went to Loop, where I purchased some Hemp for Knitting to make the Orangina, and two skeins of Koigu KPPPM for a Chevron Scarf. Yay! We also got to meet Craig, the owner of Loop, who told us that about 1100 seats have been sold for next week's Stitch n Pitch Phillies game! It's going to be a good time, I just know it. Craig is a super duper nice guy, and his employees are friendly and oh-so-knowledgeable. I love that store.

Today, WT is in Newark, DE, interviewing for a job, and Banana is at school playing on the Slip n Slide with her little friends. I will be going to either Yarnings in Skippack or The Knitting Basket in Phoenixville to find some stuff to spend the rest of my gift certificate on. Yippee! Pictures to come, I was too damn lazy to post any today.

Talk to youse guys soon!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Isn't Craig awesome?! I LOVE Loop! It is my favorite LYS and after visiting the LYS in Sarasota today I just love Loop even more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home