Monday, May 28, 2007

It's all good

My weekend did not start on a good note, nor did it continue on a particularly good note. Banana was sick most of the time. I hurt my finger. I didn't get to do some of the fun things I had planned on doing. I didn't really get to catch up on sleep. And so on. I always have high hopes for holiday weekends, and quite often they don't measure up.

However, there were some bright spots. WT and I had a lovely dinner al fresco in Manayunk last night. The margaritas were to die for, as well as the caprese salad and the pineapple sorbet. We walked about and just had some alone time. And I got some lovely presents from him and Banana too - Classic Knits by Erica Knight, Clinique Happy perfume, a gift certificate to H & M, and Sideways on DVD.

When we got home, Banana was ill and unfortunately we had a need for the Big Red Barf Bucket. Thankfully, she only needed it only once. I have my fingers crossed yet again for tonight.

This afternoon, my father, my father's friend, and my brother came over. We had a leisurely afternoon talking and watching my brother practicing juggling. The weather improved and became less oppressive. Around 5:30, we all headed over to Regina and John's house for a barbecue. Everyone was there: WT, Banana, Dad, Glennjamin, JoAnn, Regina, John, Todd, Anne Marie, Carla, Earl, Jack, Marilyn, Dennis, and of course, Woobie, Regina and John's 15-year old cat. It was family and friends and food and unexpected lovely gifts and dessert and laughter and a nice breeze and sunshine. And when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, there's no other place I'd rather be.

Banana is asleep, and the windows are open, and it is quiet, and there is a lovely cool breeze, and all's right with the world. I am grateful for my family and friends on this day, the day after my 34th birthday. My finger will heal, and so will Banana. And whenever I think of this birthday weekend, I'll remember the good things.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds like it turned out too be not too terrible a weekend after all. Hope Banana is feeling better.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm glad your weekend turned out to be not so bad after all. Thanks for the great comment you left on my blog. I see we have quite a bit in common, and don't live too far from each other. I like your blog. I was checking out the site Art of Crochet.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it WAS fun, wasn't it?

thanks for the shout-out!

anne marie

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger jenna said...

You did not just mention margaritas, caprese salad, Clinique Happy, H & M, and Sideways all in one post! I think we were separated at birth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home