Wednesday, June 06, 2007

One step forward, two steps back

I frogged about three quarters of the Green Gable. I tried it on last night, and it was just too big. I know that if I had been lazy and just left it as it was, I never would have worn it. And what's the point of doing all that knitting if you're not going to wear it? So I tore back to the sleeves, and we're going to try again. (Insert extremely heavy sigh here.)

I'm putting is aside for a while and dedicating myself solely to the Crop Cardigan. My finger is practically better, and crocheting is no longer as issue. Let's hope that goes smoothly.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn!

but better frogged and re-knit than never worn.

check out grumperina's last post about frogging.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

It took me a long time to get to the point that I would rather frog than finish.

And at least it is too big -- that means you overestimated your size, and you are thinner than you thought!

See you tonight?

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You know, it's bound to happen from project to project.

I'm designing a skirt that turned out to be enormous. I was about 3/4's of the way done and I just decided that it needed to be frogged and way downsized. Not worth the work if I'm not going to wear it.

I frogged and newly casted a lot less stitches last night. I'm definitely feeling your vibe.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

gee, now I don't feel so bad about my yoga sweater. and it looks much better this time around, so far.

I hiope the sit n knit was fun

sigh.....

Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home