Saturday, May 26, 2007

A stellar start to my holiday weekend

Yesterday, after work, I got my hair done, and it looks pretty cute. So that makes me happy, because my hair has been the bane of my existence since the age of about 12 or so. I then went to pick up Banana, and the minute I walked into her school, I knew something was amiss. She was white as a ghost, and I just knew she didn't feel well. We went home, took the temp, and yep, she has a fever, so so much for our plans for Saturday. Thankfully, there has not yet been a need for the Big Red Barf Bucket. Whew. However, she has been awake since 3 a.m. She has to crash at some point. Right? I need a nap.

This need for a nap became more apparent when I went to empty the dishwasher and I skewered my index finger on a steak knife. Three hours at the hospital and three stitches later, I sit here typing to you. It doesn't hurt so bad, in fact the tetanus shot hurts worse right now! Thank God for our neighbors John and Regina - John drove me to the hospital, and Regina stayed with Banana. I can't thank them enough!!

So right now the only thing I am wrestling with is this - I type for a living. I am a professional notetaker for a deaf high schooler. This should be interesting. I'm going to be typing waaayyy slow for a while. Yippee.

And of course, it puts a damper on the fiber arts for the weekend. Damn.

So I will wait for Frankenfinger to heal, and I will take it easy, and I will be grateful for my health and Banana's ability to heal quickly from illness (Hear that? That's me knocking on wood.) and I will be grateful for health insurance and I will be grateful for my friends.

Until next time my friends. And let's not forget, on this Memorial Day weekend, the men and women who have and continue to sacrifice their lives for us. Damn President Bush. But that's another post. :o)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF are you trying to do, woman?

meredith and steven want their aunt sally to be whole and well when she comes to see them.

oh yeah, happy birthday!

can't get any worse.......

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Aw, man! What a crappy weekend -- and your birthday! That's just plain wrong, my friend!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Devorah said...

Ow! I hope you and Banana heal quickly.

Call today a do over and have a Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

First, I can't wait to see your new do

Second, No Miss Sunshine did not inflict Banana, I SWEAR!!

Third, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I hope you heal VERY quickly!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home