Saturday, June 16, 2007

And now, on a more positive note...

Okay, so I've come to accept the ending of The Sopranos.

Progress is being made on the Crochet Crop Cardigan. I have found my rhythm with the yarn in the shell pattern, so now I can crochet for a while without wanting to burn the project. It looks really good. Another woman, who lives in Boston, also test-crocheted this sweater for Monica, and hers came out really cute. She is also a member of Ravelry and posted pictures on her page. I am looking forward to finishing mine so I can post pictures!

As soon as I am done the CCC, I'm going to return to work on the Green Gable and cast on for the Rusted Root and the Summertime Tunic. I got a generous gift certificate from the parents of the kid I work with, so I made a list of all the projects I want to make and their yarn requirements. I hope to actually buy yarn that I need for a specific project, rather than just picking stuff I like with nothing particular in mind.

My brother just moved to Phoenixville, and now lives approximately 1.5 miles from the Knitting Basket, an LYS. This does not bode well for my bank account. However, it does bode well for my stash. :o)

My last day of work was yesterday, so now I have two months off. Wooooo hoooooo! Banana and I are going to a picnic today with some of the teachers I work with, and tomorrow we'll be going to a party for friends of the family who just paid off their 30-year mortgage. On Wednesday, I'll be going to the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia; I'm going with WT, Dad, JoAnn, and Heather. Then we'll be dining at the Nodding Head, one of our favorite restaurants in the city. Squee! The rest of the summer will be spent by the pool, knitting and aging my skin prematurely with a beautiful tan. Ain't life good?

And now, a politically incorrect joke:

How many kids with ADHD does it take to screw in a lightbulb?


...


Wanna ride bikes?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

See you at the pool!

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not coming to sip-n-knit on wednesday, eh?

enjoy the tut exhibit, AND the brewskis at nodding head!

anne marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home