Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer Stash Out

So as many of you know, our darling Liz and her cohorts ran the Summer of Stash Knit Along last year. She has passed the torch, and I will be participating in the Summer Stash Out this year! Or trying, at least. Seriously, I have so much yarn it's not even funny. I could knit and/or crochet a cabin, or at least a nice lean-to. (I just got all Laura Ingalls on yo ass. Heh.) So I think I can do it. Your encouragement is much appreciated.

Progress still being made on the Green Gable, but I have put that aside for the time being to work on the Crop Cardigan, designed by Monica. This woman is talented, I tell ya. I am using Brown Sheep Company's Cotton Fleece in Terra Cotta Canyon, and I must say, I love working with this yarn. It's soft and drapy, even in crochet. Often times, crochet can be sort of stiff, but not right now. I love this. Pictures coming soon, I don't have much to show you right now.

I was looking through Lace Style by Pam Allen and Ann Budd, and I really like a lot of the patterns. I think I'll be requesting this for my quickly-approaching birthday, along with Wrap Style. I already have Scarf Style, so why not haul off and just have the whole dang collection?

My brother graduated from Rutgers University on Friday, and on Friday night he found out he got a job he had interviewed for and really wanted. Can I get a woot woot for my baby brother? I'm so darn proud of him. He'll be moving to PA to be closer to his job, which means he'll be closer to me. Yay!

Guess that's it for now. Pictures in the next post.

Love, moi

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger todd gunther said...

woot woot for the bro!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Woot woot! Yay Glenn!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does "woot woot" mean?

You kids today, with your slang terms, and your blogs, and your hula hoops.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Congrats to the whipper snapper!!!

As one sib moves away, mine, one moves closer, yours! (funny how that works, no?)

I promise to not try to enable you to buy yarn and be a good girl this summer. BUT you have to do the Knitter's Virtual Vacation
Swap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home