Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's a snow day, so here are 100 things about me.

Hello everyone. The Banana and I have off today, so now you get to find out 100 things about me.

1. I am 5' 10 1/2" tall in my bare feet.
2. I own some really kick-ass boots because I could never find pants that were long enough when I was a 20-something.
3. I am 33 years old.
4. I have a younger brother.
5. When we were kids, my brother and I absolutely hated each other and fought non-stop, but now we are great friends and I love him to death.
6. I have a Master's degree in French.
7. I lived in Paris for 10 months.
8. I went to public school up until I went to grad school.
9. I am 23 1/2 years younger than my husband, and that's okay.
10. My Aunt Donna taught me to crochet.
11. My friend Anne taught me to knit in college, and my neighbor Anne Marie taught me to bind off and purl properly.
12. My mom told me I used to draw all the time, every day, when I was kid, until I learned how to read.
13. I graduated 11th out of 312 kids in my high school class.
14. I have been to Africa twice - once to Namibia (I was there before Brangelina made it cool) and South Africa, and once to Tunisia.
15. I used to be a city girl, but now I like the burbs and couldn't live without my backyard and summer barbecues.
16. I'll be friends with anyone as long as they are decent, honest, and nice.
17. I have naturally curly hair.
18. I have blue eyes.
19. I have 4 tattoos.
20. My dad went with me to get my first tattoo (a flower) when I was 17 years old.
21. I had an allergic reaction the last time I got a tattoo - I had hives for 3 1/2 weeks.
22. I want more anyway.
23. My family is the most important thing in the world to me.
24. My good friends are the second most important thing in the world to me.
25. I really want a dog.
26. I have a cat who has one tooth and no front claws. He's pretty harmless.
27. I love spring and summer.
28. Fall is okay.
29. Can't stand winter.
30. I used to be a vacation snob (i.e., would only go to Europe or big cities) until WT and I honeymooned in Hawaii. Then I got it.
31. I would really like to be in a tropical paradise right now.
32. I look good with a tan.
33. I like to get a tan even though I know it is bad for my skin.
34. I need private time, everyday if possible.
35. I drink tea almost everyday.
36. I like to cook, but I hate to clean up.
37. I am a pretty good cook.
38. I am a terrible housekeeper.
39. I try to buy organic food when convenient.
40. If they weren't so horrible for my health, I would eat a double Quarter Pounder with cheese every damn day.
41. I love macaroni and cheese.
42. If I had to choose between cheese and chocolate, I would probably choose cheese.
43. I eat two bowls of cereal when I get home from work every day.
44. I have high cholesterol.
45. I am going to be a French teacher.
46. I would rather be a speech language pathologist or an audiologist, but I can't afford to do that.
47. My husband is nicer to me than I am to him.
48. I don't have very much patience.
49. If I am in a crappy mood, I take it out on the people closest to me, even though I am feeling guilty while I am doing this.
50. I wish I wasn't like that.
51. I like to play in dirt.
52. I love nature.
53. I love to watch birds.
54. I love to travel.
55. Music has always been a part of my life, and always will be.
56. I would rather be deaf than blind.
57. I have bunions.
58. I get a bad headache when the weather is going to take a drastic turn.
59. I have a guitar (that WT bought for me) and a dulcimer (that my dad built for me) that I never play.
60. I am a procrastinator.
61. My dream job is to be Vanna White.
62. I like to drink wine in the winter and vodka and tonic with extra lime in the summer.
63. I don't drink every day.
64. I also really like Bailey's.
65. I was a waitress for several years.
66. I have been a nanny.
67. I worked for British Airways for one year.
68. I had a desk job for a year and a half, and I hated it.
69. I get cabin fever if I have to stay inside for more than one day.
70. I love to walk; it's like meditation for me.
71. I grew up in New Jersey.
72. I live in Pennsylvania.
73. I am spiritual but not religious.
74. I believe there is a God.
75. I believe that my mom is in heaven.
76. I had an idyllic childhood.
77. My birthday is May 27th, and is usually on or near Memorial Day.
78. I spent two summers in Ocean City, NJ.
79. It is still one of my most favorite places in the whole world.
80. I really like milkshakes.
81. I really like brownie sundaes.
82. I really like food in general.
83. My feet are relatively small compared to my height.
84. If I could, I would stay home and craft all day.
85. I am not motivated enough to make crafting my career.
86. I need a steady paycheck to feel secure.
87. I love animals.
88. I am not a Republican.
89. I love photography and can be quite good at it when I put my mind to it.
90. I like to roller skate.
91. I used to roller skate every Saturday morning at the Echelon Skating Rink in Voorhees, NJ.
92. I never learned to skate backwards.
93. I am going to run the Philadelphia Distance Run in May.
94. I am going to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in May.
95. I have done the Race for the Cure about 5 times before, but have never run the Distance Run.
96. I never got football until I married WT.
97. I am good at painting watercolors.
98. I like to read books about people who triumph over difficult situations (Jane Eyre, Feather in a Storm, etc).
99. I have a tendency to interrupt people when they are speaking.
100. I think I am a nice person.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

W-O-[effing]-W!

I didn't know all this stuff!

thanks for the shout-out, girlfriend!

PS - thing #101: you throw an awesome, never-to-be-imitated new year's eve party that kicks major ass!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

And I can add #102 -- You are a great friend.

I loved reading this about you. I learned a lot.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger natasha said...

about your tattoo..most allergies are to red ink...so if there was red in there, it was likely the problem, although if you tell me what exactly happened (if you remember, i can probably help you figure out what happened) back then, the hygiene in tattoo shops and care and inks and everything are not nearly as great as it is today, so it may have actually been a reaction to something else, if they told you to use AD oinment, it could be the zinc in that or any number of other things. generally, if it is an allergic reaction to the ink, it will bubble up and your body will do its best to reject the ink. it is a pretty gross thing, but it will keep reacting until the ink is gone, most often. okay, way too much info.

also, it says your hubby is 23 1/2 years younger than you? did i read that correctly?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home