Friday, December 29, 2006

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout

It's been a knitterly kind of Christmas here at the Daisyfrog estate. My family was very good to me - here's what I got (I feel like it's the first day back to elementary school and I'm showing off my Xmas presents to my little friends):
  • Denise Interchangeable Circulars (thanks Hubby Wubby!)
  • Gift certificate to The Tangled Web in Chestnut Hill (Philadelphia), PA (already spent)
  • Gift certificate to WoolPlay in Haddonfield, NJ (thanks Dad!)
  • Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
  • Scarf Style edited by Pam Allen
  • Fabulous and Flirty Crochet by the Sweater Babe (whose real name escapes me at the moment)
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
I love my WT and my dad and my Little Brother (who is larger than I am by 5 inches [and I ain't short {here I go with the parentheses again}]). I got 7 hanks of Cascade 220 in a purple heather and 6 hanks in a brownish heather. It's gorgeous. I'll be using the purple to make the Kenobi Sweater by Norah Gaughan in the Spring 2007 Knitscene. I went to the Main Skein in Ambler and got two balls of Cascade 220 Superwash and 2 balls of Filatura di Crosa Baby Kid Extra to make the leg warmers in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Apparently both my father and husband had an easy time getting the gift certs and the Denises. WT walked into Tangled Web with a blank look on his face and said, "Denise" and the woman behind the counter quickly went and got the needles, which, by the way, are PINK. YES. Five dollars of the cost goes to support breast cancer research. Dad went into WoolPlay, where the owner looked at him and said, "Let me guess - gift certificate." Women's intuition, I tell ya.

And here is a precious knitting story. I had to take WT's car in to get inspected, and so of course I took some knitting with me to work on while I waited. The waiting area was somewhat crowded, but a woman came and sat next to me, saying, "You're a knitter too, so I'm sitting next to you." We began to talk - she was making a multi-directional scarf out of Diaketo (or however the hell you spell that). Turns out we are both in the same field (special education), we both shop at the same yarn store (The Main Skein), and we both want to get certified as teachers. Then we talked some more, and it turns out that she knows my sister-in-law and her daughters! How crazy is that! I love that knitting automatically gives you and strangers in public something to bond over.

I'll post pictures when I actually have stuff on the needles/hooks. Thanks for stopping by friends!!

1 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, kip....

kewl - pink needles! banana may want to borrow them; hell, for that matter, I might want to pet them!

what an xmoose (apologies to rabbitch) for you!

PS - only 2 days til...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home