Monday, January 08, 2007

I promise to post photos soon.

I'm just so darn lazy these days. Speaking of which, happy belated New Year! I do hope that 2007 will be better than 2006 (read: no deaths in the family). Anyhoo, here's what I'm working on:

First, I cast on about 20 times for the stupid leg warmers in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Which of course are labeled "super-easy". Since this was the first project on which I was using my new Denise Interchangeables, it took me a bit to realize that 12" is the length of the needles I needed to use, not just the cord. Duh. So I finally figured it out, and then cast on again. But the pattern said to cast on 46 stitches, and that just seems impossible to me. I could not make it work for the life of me. I checked for errata, and there is none for that particular pattern, so I cast on 12 extra stitches and it's working much better now, although I still think they may be a bit small. Oh well, they are nice and stretchy, and the yarn is to die for.

Second, I used the gift certificate from my dad to purchase 6 skeins of Noro Kureyon is this lovely rainbow colorway (don't ask the number, I don't know). I am using this to make the Zen Garden Stole (you can Google it, I'm too lazy to make a link right now). It is a nice stole, and it has a fun bobble lace pattern going on. I had to rip out the first bobble lace repeat last night though, because I somehow ended up with 5 extra stitches. And the pattern calls for Silk Garden, but I can't afford that, and Geez Louise does that Kureyon felt fast. Whoa. So I'll keep you updated on that.

Third - are you ready? - I actually knitted a SWATCH to CHECK my GAUGE before casting on for Norah Gaughan's Kenobi Sweater. Oh my goodness, are you so proud of me? I am. Good thing too, because I need to use bigger needles. So I have yet to re-swatch, but I'll let you know how it goes.

So there you have it. I'm having fun. Thanks for stopping by and reading my pictureless blog.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

You swatched? That's a big step, Sally. Swatch. It's knitting, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home