Monday, January 22, 2007

Mission: Possible

Hey everybody!

How's it going. Things are just dandy here. As an addendum to my last post, I am making a committment to myself and my family - are you ready?

No frivolous expenditures from now until at least my birthday, which is at the end of May.

Yep, you read that right. No yarn purchasing, taking my lunch to school instead of buying (the cafeteria food sucks anyway, so that shouldn't be too difficult), making tea in the morning instead of buying coffee. No clothes purchasing. And so on.

I owe it to myself and my hubby. I was watching 20/20 last week (why yes, I am turning into an old person), and it was about debt in America. Since 1989, Americans have tripled their credit card debt. Tripled!! And I can assure you that I have done nothing to help. So no more. I am going to use what I have, wear what I have, knit/crochet what I have, and be happy with what I have, because gosh darn it, I have a lot of nice stuff. Not to mention, WT and I would like to buy a new house in two to four years. Of course, we have been saying that for the past two to four years, but it's time for us to get serious about it.

So there you have it. I am going to be Frugal Sally for the next 4 months and 2 weeks, possibly longer. Let's see how I do. No malls. No craft stores. No LYSs.

It's all good. Thanks for stopping by.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we americans are a pathetic bunch of whiny, gotta-have-it-NOW, spoiled, obnoxious bastards.

but we CAN buck the trend.

I can state that I have no credit card debt - paid them all off last year. AND cut up the cards. yes, unfortunately, I have a car loan and a home equity loan - both necessary.

but I haven't felt this free in years. I am beholding to no credit card monopoly. I have what I need. I put money aside every payday into my 401K plan.

life is damn sweet.

try it - you just might like it.

you go, sally! I am in your corner all the way!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Living within your means is a very soothing thing indeed, no matter what your means. Congratulations to you for resolving such, and let me know how I can support you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home