Monday, January 29, 2007

Layettes, Noro and stashbusting

Hey everybody. Wanna see some stuff I made? No? Too bad, here it is anyways:

This is a layette for one of the eleventy million pregnant women that I work with. She is a really cool chick, and she is having a boy, in case you weren't able to tell. The sweater pattern is called Baby It's Cold Outside by Julie Holetz aka SkaMama. You can find it on the CrochetMe website. The hat I made up, along with the blankie.

I'm pretty happy with the sweater. It's the first baby sweater I ever made. And all of the above projects were made with yarn from my stash. Woo hoo! Somebody stop me!


Here is the progess being made on the Noro stole. I am quite pleased with it. It is rife with mistakes, but you people should know by now that I don't really care all that much. This is about two and a half skeins worth - I do believe it is going to be quite long. It will need to be majorly blocked so that you can see the bobble lace and so the edges don't curl up. That should be an adventure, as I have never blocked anything before. Probably because I have used mostly acrylic up to this point. Try not to cringe.


Just get a load of that woolly goodness.


And finally, here is a picture of two of my favorite people in the world - my DD Banana and my Dad. Are they cute or what? Dad took the picture himself. He's so talented.

That's all for now folks. Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Nice! The baby sweater is darling.

I can help you block the Noro thing if you'd like.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

It's such an adorable pic!

Blocking is easy. Just time consuming. I usually wait until I have a pile of stuff to block then dive in.

Oh and hey, I'm cool with acrylic. I use any kind of yarn. LOL

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, you finished that baby ensemble quicker than I can type these words!

that photo of banana and dad is precious!

can't wait to see the next baby grouping....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home