Thursday, January 10, 2008

FOs, yarn, and Dulcinea

Woo hoo! I actually completed something! Take a look-see.

You probably recognize this as My So Called Scarf. I used two skeins of Araucania Nature Wool that I bought on sale about a year ago at A.C. Moore. The color is really lovely, muted, not too loud. This scarf also turned out to be softer than I thought it would be - what a plus! I like this stitch a lot, but my edges looked like crapola, which is why I edged it with one round of single crochet. I finished this at Stitch n Bitch last night. Can I tell you how good it was to see all of my friends? I missed them so these last 4 months.


Here we have the Tiramisu Baby Blanket, pattern by Alicia Paulson. This took a little over 3 skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn in Off White. This truly is soft yarn. It's nice and squishy. I really enjoyed this pattern - it's mindless crocheting, but the result doesn't look mindless at all.


Here's how I broke my yarn diet. This is the Classic Elite Four Seasons Cotton to make Cathy Carron's Cabana Tee.
And here is the Casco Bay Sport from Halcyon Yarns. Can I tell you how dang nice the ladies are at this place? I had to call them up, and they were just as pleasant as could be. I will definitely be shopping from them again. I will be using this yarn to make Regina Rioux Gonazalez's Singular Tee.


Yum. Hempathy. I'll combine this with some Cool Blue Hempathy in my stash to make Edna Hart's Marly Boatneck. Can't wait! I think the blue and green will look really nice together.



Who can resist this face?

I know some of you probably think I've gone off the deep end, but there is something about playing with dolls that I guess I just never got out of my system when I was a kid. And I can knit clothes for Dulcinea too. And crochet them. It's all good. ;o)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger jenna said...

Ouch. You just reminded me that my "My So-Called Scarf" is only about 6 inches long...and has been that way for YEARS.

Yours looks BEAUTIFUL! :)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Tizzalicious said...

She's so beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home