Saturday, August 18, 2007

Summer comes to a close, and changes come about...

I have to go back to work on Monday. Bummer. Where did this summer go? I'm not sure I accomplished so much, or at least not as much as I had hoped to. But we did get some things done.

Below is the Banana's 'before' picture. After yet another morning of tantrums and tears regarding getting her hair brushed, we came to a decision. And we followed through.

Before


After

Life should be considerably easier now that the Banana has manageable hair.

I finished a blanket, so that's good. I gave up on the matching Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono because it just wasn't working in this yarn. I think it'll look much better in the yarn called for, but considering the baby shower is tomorrow, it ain't gettin' made.

Here's a WIP that I've actually made some decent progress on. I'm really happy with this - it's the Ribbed Lace Bolero by Kelly Maher at the 10 Feet High blog. It's an easy pattern to memorize, and I learned something new - how to rip out and go back and pick up yarnovers. Yay! Progress!

Here's my art table. See those bins under the table? Yeah, that's my stash. Four bins full. This is actually tidy compared to how it looked a week or so ago. And it's been 10 days since I bought yarn. Four months and 20 days to go. ;o)

Our last summer fling down the shore. We went to Ocean City, NJ, one of my most favorite places on earth. Banana and I went with friends from the pool, and a good time was had by all. We most certainly did not want to come home. Would you?

Drip castle


Looking south


Daydreaming

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa nelly!

the art corner looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better than it did this time last week!

and banana is bee-yoo-tee-ful!

and the baby blankie is pwecious!

it's a great day (both inside and outside)!

anne marie

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

Banana looks bewootiful. I remember when I was her age. I had long hair too, but I wasn't allowed to get it cut. It was pain to have it brushed & to wash it.

I'm glad to see your space looks as "creative" as mine!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

The hair is so very cute. I've been wondering when you would bite the bullet on this one...

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

The cutting of the hair making them look so much older doesn't it? She looks adorable (but already saw her IRL)

I know what you mean about summer. It went so fast, where did it go and what did we do? sigh

Two more weeks for us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home