Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hi ho hi ho, it's back to work I go...

Ah yes, worked 4 days last week and will work 3 days this week. I actually don't have to work a full 5-day work week until the 3rd week of September, so I guess I shouldn't bitch and moan. (I just used the word 'week' four times. Actually, five times if you count the time in this sentence. Anyhoo.)

I ripped out my Ribbed Lace Bolero and cast on again with 12 fewer stitches. I screwed it up and was unable to recover, not to mention I think it would have been too big. I think I'll use lifelines when I get to the lace portion to avoid ripping back completely again. I also need to get started again on the Green Gable, and I'm going to be working on some crochet and/or knit squares that my knitting group is making. And I need to start making Christmas gifts pronto.

Three weeks since my last yarn purchase. (There's that word again. Every notice how something sounds strange when you say it repeatedly? Try it. Weekweekweekweekweek. See, it's weird. Or maybe I'm weird.)

Okay, so who is totally with me on LA Ink? Can I just be Kat von D? She is so rad. And she's always stoked about something. I'm never rad or stoked, but that's okay. I just want a boatload of tattoos like she has. Actually, more like Hannah has. I just love her use of color, it is sensational. She is such an artist. But I need to keep my tats under wraps. I don't know too many school districts in PA that will hire an inked-up French teacher. C'est la vie.

Not much else going on. I hope this post isn't boring you all to tears. I start back to school tomorrow, at West Chester University, to get my French teaching certificate. This means I will miss my knitting group until the beginning of December. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I love my knitting group. They are so great.

I'm currently addicted to baseball, which is a lovely way for me and WT to bond. His dad was an announcer for the Philadelphia Athletics waaaaay back in the 1930s and 1940s, when they still played in Connie Mack Stadium (extra points for you if you know what Connie Mack's real name was). His dad loved baseball, and he passed that love of the sport onto WT, and now we watch the game together and it is really fun. I am actually looking forward to football season too. We only watch the Eagles games, but really, who else do you need to watch? ;o)

I'll post pics next time around. Thanks for stopping by. :o)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...with a razor blade and a hand grenade, hi ho hi ho!"

did NOT know that about WT's dad...way kewl!

any born and bred philadelphian knows cornelius macgillicudy. AND that there is a statue of him at the stadium. AND that his relative serves in the US Congress from FLA.

this head of mine is too damn full of trivia...

have fun at your first day of school!

anne marie

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

How's about you, me, the hubbies and the kids be sure to have some joint Eagles viewing. We have that big TV!!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

YEA! THE KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL! YEA! oh, sorry - it's been a looong summer.

I wanna be Kat Von D when I grow up too. Or at least have her do my tattoo.

um, go steelers! hey, I grew up near pittsburgh, whatdoyawant? It's all of the Iron City beer I drank growing up. Or maybe it was the pop.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger jenna said...

I think it's rad that you're already starting to knit Christmas gifts! I guess the trick is getting stoked about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home