Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cuz ya can't, ya won't, and ya don't STOP

Cuz ya can't, ya won't, and ya don't STOP
Ya can't, ya won't, and ya don't STOP
AdRock, come and rock the sure shot

Seriously, who can resist a little Beastie Boys? Not I. One thing that I positively cannot stop doing these days is making clothes for Blythe dolls. I know most of you think I've really gone around the bend, but there is something so satisfying about finishing a project in two hours. And I don't know what it is about these damn dolls, but they are addictive. They really are. In fact, I ordered another one. Yes I did. So deal.

Here's Dulcinea modeling her new couture. Not bad, eh? I didn't use a pattern, but used the same formula in Monica Brown's C3 Crochet Crop Sweater that I made last year. It worked well, and I only had one false start before I got it right. That's really good for me.

Here's a close-up. The ribbon is glued on. No way in hell am I going to sew it own. These dresses are all made from the top down, and there is zero seaming. Yay for zero seaming.

This one is for my dad's Blythe doll, Bridget. Since he made me two spindles and a niddy noddy, the least I can do is clothe Bridget for him. Sheesh.

And last but not least, finished just this evening, is a dress for my soon-to-arrive doll, Hibou. She is a Prima Dolly Encore Ashlette, for those of you who are into that sort of thing. Hibou is the French word for owl. It is just a darn cute word, and since Blythes have big eyes, I figured it would suit her to a T.

I will get back to making practical things one day. WT is impatiently awaiting his sweater vest, and I'm really close to finishing the Sunday Market Shawl.

It got up to 70 degrees today, and boy does that make me happy. I raked and mowed the front lawn and tore out a bush and swept and Banana played in the dirt, which is really really good. I'm sick of princesses. I want my girl to play in the dirt and have fun doing it. It was good to be out in the fresh air, making my yard look nice.

WT has been doing contract work for more than a year. Yesterday he just heard that his position is going permanent as of April 16. It will be a little less money per month, but he gets paid time off, short and long term disability, life insurance, and myriad other benefits. In this day and age, I am so grateful that we are both gainfully employed, can pay our bills, have two cars that run, and a nice house to live in. I am grateful that we can afford to send our daughter to a good school. I am grateful for my husband who lets me buy Blythe dolls and go to fiber festivals. I am grateful for the hyacinths in my neighbor's yard, and the forsythias and daffodils in my yard. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for spring.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Nice dresses! Zero seaming sounds good. My crochet attempts have been mostly rather unfortunate.

Your Dad has a Blythe?! Sweet.
How exciting about Hibou - what a great choice for a name too :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dulcinea looks gorgeous! such pretty ribbon!

thanks for the tip o' the hat regarding the hyacinths. todd forgets how many he planted last year, so there may be more to come!

and YEA for WT!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Okay, your dad has a Blythe doll, and mine collects, um, guns?

So not fair. (;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home