Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stuff for you to look at

So I actually finished some stuff lately! Pretty neat-o, huh? Below we have the Ribbed Lace Bolero by Kelly Maher. I used a little less than 2 skeins of Cotton Ease. I'm pretty happy with the fit, but it grew a fair amount as I wore it. I'm anxious to see what happens when I wash it and dry it - it's in the washer as we speak!

Next we have a little hat I whipped up for Dulcinea in about a half hour. I made it out of some leftover Debbie Bliss denim yarn that I had laying around. I think it's pretty cute! I made it up as I crocheted.

I also made up this pattern as well. This one took about 2 hours, as it is mostly single crochet, and I used a much smaller hook. The yarn is from France - I think it's La Droguerie. I forget the fiber content, but it's really nice. I got the yarn in a swap I did last year. I let my dad have this hat for his Blythe doll, Bridget.

Next we have a pom-pom hat for Blythe (yes, I know, but it gives me such a sense of satisfaction to finish three things in a weekend!). I got the pattern from the Blythe Kenner Yahoo! group. It is very easy, I just have to seam the back, and make and sew a pom-pom on the top. I am going to make a fisherman's sweater to go with it. I used Cestari's cotton/wool 70/30 yarn in the Mint colorway. I like it.

Last, but most certainly not least, we have the Sunday Market Shawl. The name of the designer still escapes me, but it's on Ravelry if you're interested. I love this yarn. Love. It. It's soft, and the colors are prettier in person. I'm making this on size 13 needles, so it's working up pretty dang quick! I'm close to dropping the necessary stitches and binding off. Can't wait. It will need a serious blocking those, as the sides are rolling like a mofo.

***

I made dinner for my family and a friend tonight, and it was lovely. I made a pretty tasty dinner last night too. I really notice a difference in my health and well-being depending on what I eat. When I eat like crap (such as loads of carbs and sugar), I never feel full and always want more, and I feel tired and yucky. When I eat healthy food, I can go for longer without eating, I don't snack as much, and I have more energy. This all seems so elementary, but I'm one of those annoying people that you can talk at forever, but I need to experience it for myself in order for it to really hit home with me.

So last night I made baked chicken with a little seasoning, sauteed spinach with garlic, sesame, and olive oil, and roast cauliflower with lemon, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese. I usually hate cauliflower, but my friend Julie made this for me last week and it is so. yummy. Seriously. Tonight I made a pork loin with tarragon, mashed potatoes with sour cream and fresh chives (not healthy, but way freakin' tasty), and peas and corn. For dessert, we had ice cream with fresh strawberries and fresh blackberries. Yum. I have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I also exercised twice this weekend! Yesterday, I walked about 4 miles on the Schuylkill River Trail in Valley Forge National Park, which is lovely and peaceful (except when a train goes by across the river). I saw ducks and geese and cormorants, and heard spring peepers peeping away. The air was clean, the sun was shining, and it was great. Today, I went to the gym and worked out with weights. I didn't like it, but I know I have to do it. I much prefer to exercise outside, but when I'm pressed for time and the weather is yucky, the gym it is. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

I only have 5 more classes left this semester! I can't believe how quickly it's gone by. I am thinking of taking a one-week class this summer; we'll have to see what the money situation is. The more classes I can get out of the way now, the better. Plus, the one in the summer is a French class, and I know I would enjoy it.

That's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good evening, and I'll talk to you guys soon. I have to go do laundry. Wheeee. ;o)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Liz K. said...

The bolero looks great. Let me know when you wear it next, and we can go bowling together!!!

Also, I want to know more about your schuykill valley trail walk - where do you pick it up?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lerve the little hats!

can't wait to see what you do with the sunday market shawl!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

the bolaro is stunning! and those hats are just darling. I am jealous - this spider man web afgan is getting boring and I just want it DONE already. I am hoping to make the next sit n knit = cross your needles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home