Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hiya!

It's been a while, eh? In between dealing with a sick 5-year-old, Easter, Spring Break, and turning in a 10 page paper, I managed to do a little knitting. I finally finished my Lacy Ribbed Bolero, pattern by Kelly Maher. I made it with Lion Brand Cotton Ease, two skeins in Terra Cotta. I'm fairly happy with the result. It's a smidge bigger than I might have liked, but it is comfy and warm on a spring day when you just need a little sumpin' sumpin'. I don't much care for the sewn bind-off or my seams, but they are minor details. There are no mistakes in the lace section, which is nice. I see myself wearing it fairly often.

I also just started the Sunday Market Shawl, which is a pattern I found via Ravelry. I forget the designer's name, but I'll post it when I write my next post, with pictures. It is essentially like a Clapotis, but instead of knitting it on the bias, it's knit straight, and you drop the stitches right before you bind off. I'm using Universal Yarn Deluxe Chunky in this groovy striped colorway that has mint, olive, tan, and taupe in it. It sounds grody but it's actually quite nice. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the stripes, but I think it will look pretty neat once I drop the stitches, almost sort of a plaid. I managed to knit up one whole skein last night, which is some mighty fast knitting for yours truly. I am using size US13 needles, which also lends itself to expeditious knitting.

I need to finish the second Baby It's Cold Outside sweater, and I also need to get back to work on WT's Peter Easy vest. I had to frog a good part of it because it was way too big. Live and learn.

Talk at you soon. Smooches.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home