Sunday, December 09, 2007

One month to go; finish-itis

I've set a new record for myself. I haven't bought any yarn since August 8th. Not even a little bit. Nothing on sale. Nothing to finish a project. Zip.

Whew.

My next crochet/knit goal that I am setting for myself is to finish everything that I currently have on the hooks/needles. This would include:
  • the Green Gable sweater
  • three afghans
  • a toy for my cousin's son
  • three scarves
  • a shrug
I also need to unravel my Green Tea Raglan sweater, as it is too small and itchy and I know I'll never ever wear it. I would really like to finish all of these projects before I jump into anything else, especially considering that many of the projects that I have lined up for myself are relatively involved. As I mentioned previously, I'd like to make two sweaters for WT (although Liz warns me to pace myself here; she knows what it takes to make a big ol' sweater for a big beefy husband!), two sweaters for the Banana, and myriad projects for myself including gloves, hats, sweaters, and vests. And I'd also like to make at least one Vintage Stripe Afghan.

I'm going to go ahead and make my New Year's resolution today. I am going to have finish-itis, instead of start-itis. I am going to finish all the projects I currently have in progress, and I then will not have any more than four projects going at the same time. I think this is reasonable.

Thanks for stopping by, and, uh, go Eagles.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Christina B. said...

Good luck!!! I would be going through some type of withdrawals. I have to buy at least one skein of anything when in any mile radius of yarn. Even if I have no intentions of going in the craft store or wherever.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger jackie said...

congrats to you for not buying yarn in so long! i envy your resolve! having finish-itis is much more satisfing than starting a new project. have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home