Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vacation knitting

Since we are flying from Philadelphia to Houston and Houston to Alburquerque on Thursday, I know I need to bring some knitting or crocheting with me. But what? It needs to be pretty small, and also pretty mindless as I'll be entertaining the Banana on the plane. I'm currently working on both the baby sweater and baby blanket, however I need my Mason-Dixon book with me for directions for the sweater, and the blanket is getting too big. I thought about the Green Gable, but again, decreases and transfers of stitches and whatnot makes it too complicated. So I've decided to cast on for the Summertime Tunic, and that will be travelling with me to Santa Fe and back. One set of needles. One page of instructions. Seven small balls of lightweight yarn. Perfect.

Wow, could it be a little friggin' hotter around here? Sheesh. Today it's supposed to go up to 97 degrees with about 80% humidity. I'm trying to get work done around the house so I don't feel guilty when we go to spend 4 hours at the pool. We were there for several hours yesterday, and it was nice. Thank God for swim clubs. And central air.

Not much else going on. I'll talk to you when I get back. Later alligators!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

Do they let knitting needles on planes yet? Have a great trip!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger One Little Birdie said...

Now you've done it. I just had to go to the Reprodepot site. Thn I just had to order something. I was good, but it was hard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home