Thursday, November 29, 2007

I should be doing homework.

Oh well, tough noogies. I'm going to blog instead.

Back at the end of April I thought to myself, "You know, I'm clearly not spending enough money, and I could use some additional responsibility and headache in my daily life. How can I remedy this terrible situation?"

The answer? Why, go to the SPCA and adopt two kittens!

The kittens, or catlets as Banana refers to them, are now nine months old and wreaking havoc on my already havoc-wreaked house. Being the brainiac that I am, I thought nothing of living some lovely, expensive, delicate laceweight kid mohair lying about in the open.

Note cute cat head at bottom of pic. Also note the goddamn yarn strewn about.

Fuck.

The little jackass is back for more.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it was his brother who did it, not him. Although the catlet in the picture, Carlos, has been known to take my Koigu for a walk. And the Araucania Nature Wool. And the cheap-ass acrylic. It's great fun. Really.

Here's a super-duper secret Christmas gifty-poo for a family member of mine. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and it was really quick to make as well. Gotta love it.

Here's a simple side-to-side double crochet afghan. I'm not so sure this will be finished in time for Christmas. Oh well. I am pleasantly surprised with this yarn. It's just acrylic, but I like the way it's working up and almost making a pattern. I was afraid it would pool in an ugly way or look too much like camouflage.


This here is My So Called Scarf. This also going to be a Christmas present for a close family friend. The yarn in person is not quite so lavender, it's more of a gray or mauve. It's really pretty, and I really like this pattern. I can see myself making more of these in the future.

Here's another ginormous afghan. I'm pretty sure this will be going to the Banana's teacher for Christmas. It's made of a thin boucle, and I'm surprised at how light it is. It's really warm and soft too, and I have a lot of this yarn, so I may have to make a blankie for myself. Maybe.

I have a lot of knitting and crocheting that I would like to do before Christmas, and I'm not so sure it's going to get done. I should be able to finish the granny-square afghan and So Called Scarf in time for the holidays, and I think I can bust out two Bainbridge Scarves if I crochet them. We shall see. I won't be knitting or crocheting or blogging much in the next week, as next Wednesday is my last class. I need to write 3 papers, make a video, and do an online technology portfolio in the next week. And work. And sleep. And take the Banana to ballet and a party. And take WT out to dinner for his birthday. And stuff.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wish me luck.

***

I am a bad knitter and crocheter. I haven't made anything for my husband or daughter! Next year is their year. My goal is to make two sweaters for each of them by this time next year. I want to make a basic pullover and a basic cardigan for the Banana, and I want to make Brooklyn Tweed's Cobblestone and LMKG's Forest Gansey for WT. I already have the yarn for all except the Forest Gansey.

Think I can do it in 12 months? I think I can. Might be time to put another ticker at the top of my blog. We'll see.

That's all for now. See ya later, alligators!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Liz K. said...

Dude. Go easy on yourself. Make one for WT. He's BIG, Sally!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

santa cat will not bring joey and carlos anything for the holidays if they do not behave!

cute banana pix!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home