Friday, March 23, 2007

Knitter's treat exchange - how fun!

Sharon from my knitting group sent me a link to this groovy blog called Knitter's Treat Exchange. I am going to join and do this, because I've never participated in a swap before and I think it would be tons of fun! We have to fill out a questionnaire, so here is mine:

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn? Mostly plant fibers like cotton, viscose, bamboo, and hemp. Wool is good too. I love variegated yarn. I am not opposed to acrylic and acrylic blends as long as they feel good. I use acrylic to make afghans and baby stuff, and the better yarn to make clothing for myself.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? Novelty yarns like fun fur, eyelash, and ladder yarns. Anything itchy.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? Do a quick once over to see which brands of yarn they carry, then check out supplementary things like notions and pattern books. When I'm done that, I really go over the yarn.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? Watercolor, jewelry making, and embroidery.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet (beginning in the fall), Adorn, and Yoga Journal.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference: Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Photography / Art / Fitness

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? Sweaters, afghans, baby clothes, and accessories such as scarves and stoles. I want to learn to knit socks and gloves, and I also hope to learn Fair Isle and intarsia.

8. Are you allergic to anything? Nope!

9. What do you like to smell of? Flowers and citrus. Not a huge fan of spicy stuff or musky stuff.

10. What's your favourite way to relax? Knitting or crocheting, a mug of tea, some candles, and some quiet music. This would take place in my Adirondack chairs in my backyard, weather permitting. I also just like to sit outside at night during the summer and listen to the crickets, watch the fireflies.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? Italian cafe for the people watching and the coffee.

12. What do you come out with? A cute Italian guy. Ha! Just kidding. A sense of well-being and some Italian magazines. I'd drink my coffee there.

13. Where do you go next? The old fashioned bakery.

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? I am 5'11" tall, so baths are out for me because I'm too tall to fit in my tub. I like black tea as opposed to coffee. I like soy candles. (Forget what I said about not wanting chocolate.) I love milk chocolate - my favorite is Milka from Germany, but I ain't that picky! I'm not a huge fan of terribly bright colors; I like more muted, earthy tones.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Oh goodie you joined!! Swaps are soooo much fun and a real treat!!! Be warned they are addictive too, LOL. You beat me to filling out the questionnaire. I hope to get mine posted tomorrow.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Mia said...

I think this swap is going to be great. I am having fun reading everyone's blogs.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Good Kharma Bunny said...

Hi thank you for dropping by my blog,
My crocheted scarf wasnt that long but I didnt have enough yarn else mine would have been 6ft. I'm really pleased with mine just a bit nervous to wear it , co Its' one of my few first wearable crocheted items.
hope you enjoy the exchange.
al x

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I am totally with you on disliking novelty yarns. Fun fur is yucky. Though I'm totally cool with others loving it. To each her own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home