Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yeah, the yarn diet is pretty much out the window.

So at the beginning of the year, I said to myself that I would not buy any yarn for several months. I was shooting for my birthday, which is at the end of May.

I lasted about a month.

Below are some pictures of yarn purchases at Walmart (see, I'm not snobby all the time), in Ocean City, and at the Main Skein in Ambler, which unfortunately will be closing shortly. *sigh* I'm going to try this yarn diet thing again. For real. Otherwise, we will not be able to afford to move into another house. So please enjoy the following pictures - I intend to enjoy their contents, and of course photos will be posted when the yarn becomes something.

Here's a pound of yarn I bought at Walmart. One hundred percent cotton in a nice ombre. What will it become? I have no idea! But it only cost about $6, so that's not a major concern.

This yarn was purchased in Ocean City and is destined to become a sweater for the Banana. Perhaps a cute little short sleeved cardigan for those chilly early spring days?

This was also purchased (ON SALE) in Ocean City. This is going to be a tank top and matching kimono shrug from last summer's Filatura di Crosa pattern book. I'll need to knit it with something else though, as it isn't bulky enough on its own.

Ah yes, here is part of my booty from the Main Skein. Big old sale. This is Trilogy from Berroco, and is going to become the 'Trixie' sweater from last fall's Trilogy pattern book. I also got some Noro Silk Garden and two balls of Kid Silk Mohair. Hubba hubba.

And then just because, here are some nice pictures of crocuses (croci?), my favorite harbingers of spring. Yay spring!




Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Hmm, pretty purple flowers...

yeah, my yarn diet went out the window too but, you bought some very lovely yarns. doesn't that count for something?

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, those look like some of my crocus...

I am still on wendy's "knit from your stash" yarn diet through sept. still finishing projects started back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

yeah, your yarns are cool though. can't wait to see what they become.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

What beautiful photos! The color is spectacular. Don't feel bad about going off your yarn diet. I would need gastrointestinal bypass, fiber version, if I ever tried to stop. Also very, very nice blog. And thanks for commenting on my fiber room. I'll visit again.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My yarn diet was a huge failure... but then again, I don't think I have a very extensive stash to work from. At least in my own opinion. My fiance would argue. lol
Love the flowers... wish I had some, but instead I have a flower eating dog. so I stopped planting years ago.
P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home