Monday, March 12, 2007

Yay, my computer and my camera are on speaking terms again!

So these first two pictures are of the granny square scrapghan that I blogged about two posts ago. See, the colors aren't too atrocious are they? Are they? I like them.

Following are some pictures of our MontCo Sit n Knit in wonderful Ocean City, NJ. We had such a good time. I arrived on Saturday afternoon when several of my co-knitters were at a knit-out in Ventnor. Bev and I met them at the Knitting Niche LYS in OC, and we cleaned out the back sale room, ridding the store of many back issues of Vogue Knitting and Knitter's Magazine. For 50 cents each, 3 for $1! We can't resist a sale. Here are pictures of us knitting and perusing the aforementioned magazines.


Sharon reading up.

Bev making a cute denim hat.

Robin working on a kick-ass sweater with lovely colors.

MJ knitting away.

Maria working on a blankie strip for charity.

Everybody brought enough food to feed their entire extended family. There were five of us. I, for one, was not complaining at all.

Fermented libations to get us through.

Delicious snacky-wackies.

One can never consume to many Entenmann's products.

Here are two pictures of the condo. Right on the boardwalk at St. Charles Place, it was heaven. We could walk right out of the condo and straight onto the boardwalk. Woo hoo!

The sun room.

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean, shining happily right into our dining room.

The rest of the pictures are just ones I took for the heck of it, because I just love Ocean City so much. You can see a bazillion more on my flickr site (link in the side bar).

Looking south.

Itty bitty shell.

It's funny, the things people leave behind...

This weekend was so restorative. I took two long walks, one on Saturday with Robin and MJ, and one on Sunday, all by myself. Each was about 5 miles long, meditative, with only the sound of the gulls and the waves and the wind. I don't think I could ask for anything more. Thanks to Robin and MJ for arranging this weekend; it did this body good!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

killer BAGS! the colors blend together well.

as for the OC weekend, all y'all had a great time!

pix from you and maria and robin are outstanding!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

1st, the scrapgan is gorgeous! I am always in awe of the blankets a crocheter can make. I do love the color combinations.

That was an amazing, relaxing getaway, not long enough, and I am already counting down till next year! Great pictures too.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

The ghan is wonderful...really I love the colors!

Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my post about my uncle. Much appreciated.

Have a lovely weekend!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

I love the scrapghan! What a great way to combine colors. Ocean City looks like a great trip, too.

I tend to water my Christmas cactus pretty heavily, but not terribly often. I let it dry out between waterings. I keep it in a sunroom with 2 walls of windows (north and east), so it gets a fair amount of light, but not a ton. Good luck with getting yours to bloom! I think if you want it to bloom right at Christmastime, you need to give it 12 hours of complete darkness in November to reset its internal clock.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahhhh - that looks so wonderful - I want to come next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home