Friday, February 23, 2007

It's getting tough, I tell ya.

So I made a resolution during the second week of January that I wasn't going to buy yarn or clothes or any frivolous stuff until my birthday, which is at the end of May.

It's been awfully hard, people.

I've slipped here and there. I haven't bought any clothes for work or play. I did buy new sneakers because I'm going to begin training next week for the Broad Street Run in Philadelphia. And I accidentally bought two big-ass skeins of yarn at Walmart, each a pound for $3.98. How could I resist? Two skeins is enought to make a large, warm, comfy afghan. But that's the only yarn purchase I've made.

Then today, I got my catalog from Fire Mountain Gems. This is trouble.

I have not yet begun to bead or make jewelry, but I already have a lot of stuff (purchased last year!) to get started. This catalog does not help. It is 530 pages of really nice stuff. I already have a lot of stuff, and I am trying to cut down on my collection of stuff. But man. It's nice stuff.

I guess that's about all. I went to Target today to buy a present for Rosebud for her birthday, and lo and behold, there was a Cinderella costume. ONE Cinderella costume. I snatched that bad boy up and made off like a bandit to the cash register. Banana had wanted this damn thing for quite sometime, and I told her at Christmas that Santa wasn't making them this year. It was $20. I considered putting it back until a mom told me she paid $60 for the same thing in Disney. So I went to the register, along with my other stuff, paid, and thought to myself, "That must have been on sale. I've never spent so little money at Target!"

But no, it wasn't on sale. It just didn't ring up. I got it for free. I am going straight to hell for this, I just know it.

*sigh*

The things we do for our kids. And our bank accounts.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I always say it is the price we pay for having girls. We do anything for the Princess. She will look so cute as Cinderella!!

Thankfully, I do not like beading or else Fire Mountain Gem would be dangerous. Even I like that catalog, LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home