Thursday, May 08, 2008

Oh, and one more thing...

I'm on a yarn diet. For reals this time. From now until the end of the year.

The only time I am allowed to buy yarn is if Carol has a Sip-n-Knit at her house and has her stuff for sale. Other than that, fuggeddaboudit.

FYI - a Sip-n-Knit is held on every other Wednesday during the summer. We get drunk and knit and chat. It's great fun.

So yeah. I have so much yarn it's not even funny. Well, maybe it's a little funny, but I probably find it more amusing that my husband. But it's time for me to get serious and knit and crochet. I might even get crazy and start to sew this summer. There's just no telling what I might do. I'm crazy. Watch out.

***

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. On Monday, I'll start doing the same thing I do now (note-taking for hard-of-hearing kids) at a new school, working for the same organization. I have to say that I am pretty sad to leave the school in which I currently work. My student, with whom I have worked for the past three years, is all growed up now, and is going out in the big world to do his community study, which is essentially an internship from now until the end of the year. This is the first time in my life I've had to leave a job that I really like. I'm sure I'll like the new school. I already know the woman who will be my boss, and I met the special education department head, and she gave me a hug. That's always a good sign. But I've made some good friends over the past three years, and it will be sad to not see them every day any more. But oh well. That's life. You move on. It doesn't mean I'll never see them again, I'll just have to try harder to see them.

It's strange; this summer seems like a landmark summer. I'll be 35 years old in 3 weeks. Banana will be going to first grade next year. My student will be in college. I'll get a new student. I feel like I've aged a lot lately. But I don't feel old, just older. Does that make sense? It's like I've become more aware of the passing of time, and how precious life and time really are, especially when they are good. I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, and they played 'Dear Prudence' by the Beatles, which is one of my favorite Beatles songs. Apparently, the Beatles were at the same ashram as Mia Farrow's sister Prudence. She was sitting in a hut, meditating, and they implored her to come out and see all the beauty around her, and that's where the song came from. That's a cool story, and poignant too.

I try to go out and play and see the sun as often as I can. You should too. It's beautiful.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home