Monday, April 28, 2008

Guess who I met?

Yeah, that's right.

I was so close to him!

He is as amazing as he ever was. How I wish he could run again.

But man did he look tired. I didn't post the pics of Billy boy standing on the platform with Joe Hoeffel and Allyson Schwartz, with his mouth hanging open and him staring blankly off into the distance. He's been stumpin' hard for Hillary, and he averages 6 or 7 stops a DAY. That's a lot for a 61-year-old guy who's already led the most powerful country in the world for 8 years. But man, once he got that mic, he was off, and we hung on every word. He is truly a gifted speaker.

I still voted for Obama though. ;o)

OMG, how cute are my girls? That's Hibou on the left, a Prima Dolly Ashlette. She's sporting a newly-set coif, as her box hair was atrocious. Dulcinea got a wash too, but I decided to braid her hair, and damn, she looks cute! Stay tuned, as there may be other additions to my burgeoning Blythe family (I know most of you can barely wait). Oh, and I crocheted both of their dresses and made Dulcinea's hat too.

***

Is it me, or are a lot of people getting pneumonia lately? It's kinda scary. One of the teachers I work with has had it, and he's only 38 years old. The husband of one of my classmates has had it for two weeks, and he is only 30 years old! My dad's girlfriend has it too. I've never known so many people to get it like this, and just have it hang on. Yikes.

***

I'm really anti-war. Like big time. Especially the Iraq War, because it is senseless and we have been lied to like never before, and we've lost over 4000 American soldiers, countless thousands are still suffering physical and emotional pain, and not to mention the number of Iraqis that have died. What a travesty. However, that is not to say that I don't support our troops. And it is 100% outrageous that we are not taking care of our soldiers properly when they come home. Get a load of this article on CNN.com. Our soldiers, our countrymen and women, are coming home to this disgusting situation at Fort Bragg. This is what they get for serving our country and risking their lives for nothing? This is how we treat them? And you know this is only one of many, many situations like this, or worse. How can this happen? Seriously, it is all George W. Bush's fault. I'm serious. His lack of care and empathy permeates his entire administration, and they are all a bunch of emotionless, greedy drones, just like him.

Dude, the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is THIS WEEKEND!! I can't wait! I am really going to try to not spend too much money. Really and truly. But all of a sudden, I feel the urge to knit shawls and stoles. And I don't have any fingering or laceweight yarn to speak of. Hmmm...

Talk atchas later. ;o)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

carol's black bunny fibers has fingering and laceweight yarn.

just sayin'...

ask me how I know. ;-)

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear him speak. Obama, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home