Monday, July 24, 2006

Cupcake: my first completed sweater

Well, here it is, the first sweater I ever made. Not bad, eh? The yarn is TLC Cotton Essentials, and the pattern is Cupcake from Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker book. It's a little big in the waist, but I like the way it fits in the shoulders, and I was happy with the way the set-in sleeves turned out as well. It hardly took any time at all; her patterns are well written. I've heard it's necessary to check her errata page, and that this book has several errors, but I printed out the errata for the projects I intend to complete, and as long as I have that on hand, who cares? I like Stoller's books - they are clear and well-written, and they are a hoot to boot.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to make the very first blog comment EVER!

SWEEEEEEEET!

good on ya, mate!

anne marie

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Gina Loves Lake George said...

Dude, the sweater is soooooo cute! you rock. Darn you guys...you have me hooked now too - I resisted for a while - but now I've gone and got a blog too. I'm not really sure how it works, but I love to write...unless it is a thesis, so I'll figure it out. check it out "gina loves lake george"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home